By numerous parameters, Apple is by many the most successful IT Company in the world. That is why experts in creating applications for iOS and macOS are extremely sought after. To become one of them, you need to master the Swift programming language.
This program, Swift, can enable significantly faster and easier development of iOS applications. It also improves learning and development for the OS platform. In many cases, Swift has become a necessity for any startup or company with its product.
What is Swift?
Swift’s progress and popularity are the greatest since this research existed; Objective-C was in 10th place at Swift’s release. This is its successor and official programming language for all iOS apps, and growth was expected.
- It is an object-oriented, general-purpose programming language primarily used to write software programs for Apple products (macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS Apple devices).
- It was presented in 2014, so it is a relatively young programming language.
- it is straightforward to use, has stability, and security
- It is an open-source programming language. This means that everyone can use and modify it for free.
- Before introducing Swift, the Objective-C program was utilized for application development, which is still used.
Where can I learn Swift?
Apple covers such a vast market, where applications bring in millions of dollars a year. Therefore, you will not go wrong if you opt for iOS and other operating systems that require mastering the Swift programming language. Some several websites and courses will assist you in learning this highly demanded language.
- iOS Developer Blog
- Ray Wenderlich- iOS & Swift Tutorials
- iOS Dev Weekly
- The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
- Introduction to Programming in Swift 5
- Learn iOS 11 App Development From Beginning to End
- iOS 10 & Swift 3: From Beginner to Paid Professional™
- iOS App Development Basics
- The Complete iOS 10 & Swift 3 Developer Course
Jobs and Salary
As more and more Apple devices cover the market, it is no wonder why there is a high demand for professionals who are experts in Swift.
- iOS Developer
- Software Engineer
- Senior Developer
The average salary for a “swift developer” ranges from approximately $94,427 per year. Still, it can reach up to $125,652 per year for iOS Developer, Indeed writes. The average Swift Developer salary in the US is $83,451. Still, the salary range usually falls between $70,637 and $94,109 – this is the information from Salary.com. Some statistics have shown a projected 10-Year Growth of 28.60% for those who master this programming language.
Developers who know Swift are in great demand
Swift is an excellent language for writing software, whether for mobile phones, desktops, servers, or anything that runs code. It is a safe, quick, and productive programming language that connects all the modern language elements. The program brings together the best knowledge from Apple’s comprehensive engineering experience and diverse benefactions from the open-source community. The compiler is optimized for execution, and the program is optimized for growth without compromise on any aspect.