This is one programming language that is “very old.” It is a known fact that Microsoft began developing .NET in the early 1990s, called Next Generation Windows Services. In the early 2000s, the first beta version of .NET 1.0 was released. In August 2000, in collaboration with Intel and HP, Microsoft began standardizing the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), which would allow different programming languages to run on other architectures -platforms.
In 2002, Microsoft released what the company christened the .Net Framework – it can work on many other platforms.
What is .NET?
.NET Framework is used by Software applications to operate; it is divided into two main sections. One is the Common Language Runtime (CLR) and the .Net Framework Class Library.
- it can be used for the development of mobile or web applications (web, mobile, desktop, games, and IoT)
- Its known trait is that it can operate along with various programs such as F#, C#, C++, VB.NET.
- .NET is a free and open-source platform for developers who want to create different kinds of applications.
- With it, you have an option to use multiple programming languages, libraries, and editors.
Where can I learn it?
Experts say that .NET is so easy to learn, and you can do it in any Bootcamp if you like, and there are also numerous free websites to do so. During the process of learning, you will meet and also work in other programs. When you are an IT professional, it is expected to know many related and unrelated programs, and .NET can be a good starting point.
- Build a Real-world App with ASP.NET Core and Angular 2 (4+)
- The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Course
- ASP.NET Core Fundamentals by Scott Allen.
- Build an app with ASPNET Core and Angular from scratch
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals By Scott Allen
- Complete guide to building an app with .NET
Jobs and Salary
All of these are occupations that use .NET in their work.
- Full-stack developer
- Software Developer
- .NET Software Engineer
- Web Developer / Intern
- Engineer / Intern
When it comes to the salary that one, for example, a .NET developer can make annually, who has, let’s say, three years of experience is $64,896. But, a salary can go up to $78,512. The website GlassDoor reports that an average wage that one can make is $68,524 per year. In contrast, Ziprecruiter says that this amount is closer to the salary of $93,076/ per year.
Useful to learn, a basis in the IT industry
.NET is a framework that implements programming guides that can be applied in developing a broad spectrum of applications. It gives a lot of back support, and it can be operative on any Windows platform. It is very secure – users have access to the code. Also, .NET works on memory management all the time. It is known for its garbage collector. Net framework tools can be used to package applications built on the .Net Framework.