DevOps Specialist is most commonly related to the professional who understands the Software Development Lifecycle. As a DevOp, knowing all the necessary automation tools for producing digital pipelines (CI/ CD pipelines) is essential. The term itself DevOps specialist says it all – this name describes the one in charge of development and operations.
If you are wondering what education you will need to become a DevOps Specialist, one statistic has shown that more than 50 percent of them have a bachelor’s degree. Only 37 percent of them have a master’s degree. It is good to know that you can become one with just a high school degree or GED.
What is DevOps Specialist
Development operations specialist is in charge of executing automated applications and transitioning a system to cloud technology. He focuses on managing an organization’s regular integration protocols.
These IT professionals can work in office space. The workplace can vary – financial services companies or information technology assistance providers.
- he is the one who develops and produces methods to guarantee transparency for applications, cooperating with quality engineers or product managers
- in some cases, he is responsible for the process of transition on-site physical servers to cloud services
- he is the one who evaluates application performance and determines any relevant changes and developments
- he corrects any defects or problems that arise during the application testing stages
- he must communicate with colleagues, as well as mentor junior employees.
Expected DevOps Specialist Salary
As the website Glassdoor reports, the average salary per year for DevOps specialists is $99,604. PayScale writes that the average salary for these professionals is somewhere around $95,200. Zippia writes that the average salary is $90,962 per year, and more importantly – the job market is huge!
A fortune.com has released the article, in which it is stated that the average salary is $106,734.
Highest paying cities in the US:
- Massachusetts -$122,178
- Hawaii -$120,708
- Connecticut -$119,745
The best companies in the US:
- Sigma Data System
- IT Svit
- Protonshub Technologies
- SPEC INDIA
Certificate, skills, knowledge, schools, and courses
- Docker Certified Associate
- Kubernetes Certification
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional Exam
- Azure DevOps Solution Certification Exam
- Puppet Professional Certification
- Continuous Delivery & DevOps
- DevOps Culture and Mindset
- Introduction to Containers w/ Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift
- Version Control with Git
- Continuous Integration
Skills and knowledge
- Scripting Languages
- DevOps Azure
- Linux System
- strong analytical abilities
- effective problem-solving skills
- strong communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Stanford University
- Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Duke University
- University of Notre Dam
The expected growth for this occupation falls under the category of software developers (whose development is, according to the US Biro of Statistics, somewhere around 20 percent). It is much higher than in some other occupations. Those who have worked as software engineers and IT operations staff can find their place entirely in this role.