Where to start studying programming languages -how to choose the right program to start? What is the core of all other programs? Possibly the best starting point is the C programming language, which is considered the basis of programming. If you understand C, it will be much easier for you to master all other languages. It is essential to know that the C programming language is the basis for many.
What is C?
For a computer to run, it is necessary to receive instructions on what to do through the program. The programmer encodes using a programming language (he writes the program). In this sense, C is a tool to communicate with a computer.
- It was created back in 1972, and it is still relevant today. It uses some of its predecessor traits (ALGOL, BCPL, and B languages), but several unique things are added.
- It is a procedural language initially closely related to the UNIX operating system. Still, C can work on all other platforms. It is the basis of many other programming languages today – C++ and Java.
- This program is divided into different modules that have specific purposes. It simplifies testing and allows for timely debugging of code.
- C program has libraries and a primary () function.
Where can I learn it?
Due to its speed, stability, and universality, C is a widespread language. Therefore, developers are recommended to master this language as a basis for further training. These are the websites and courses you can enroll in; some of them are free!
- LearnVern – C Programming
- Coursera C++ For C Programmers
- Pluralsight – C++ Fundamentals at
- Udemy – C Programming For Beginners
- Udemy – C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners
- Udemy -Advanced C++ Programming Training Course
- C Programming For Beginners – Master the C Language
- C Programming For Beginners
- Professional Certificate in C Programming with Linux
- C Programming: The best approach to learn C Language
- C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals
Jobs and Salary
Since programming language C is so widely used, there is no wonder why so many professions demand this skill.
- Software Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Senior Software Engineer
- System Programmer
- Senior Programmer
- C Developer
PayScale writes that an average salary for the programmer who knows the C program well is around 90k per year. Salary.com writes that this number typically falls within $67,814 and $90,348 per year. Salary depends on other skills and years of experience in the field.
System programming is one of the areas in which C is used to implement operating systems and applications. Still, it is also the program suitable for this role because it can be used on multiple platforms. Yet, it can also be written with code specific. In this way, well-defined hardware can be accessed to execute particular commands. This programming language is also used when creating sites. Then its role is to connect the web application, server, and browser.